Subject Topic: 70 w MH DIY setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 12:42pm | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

I'm thinking about making a 70w MH setup for my MB7.  I can use the reflector and holders from a Lowes or Home Depot work light, but here's my problem...

what ballast would I get from ballastwise.com, and where would I get the appropriate 70w mh, 20,000k bulb from?  I haven't been able to find any very good how-toos on the net, yet, so I'll keep looking.  Maybe you can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jade

Back to Top View nitrotmann's Profile Search for other posts by nitrotmann Visit nitrotmann's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Doesn't look like that site has the one you need.

I buy all my bulbs and stuff from hellolights.com. I just looked and they have the ballasts and bulb that you need. Here are some links:

ballast

bulbs

They aren't the cheapest around but their customer service is great and they can be trusted. I don't trust many bulb sellers. I feel like some of them ship out used stuff. Hope that helps.
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 7:47pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Any progress, Nitro?
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

i did end up putting one together, however I decided to use the dual 28watt PC bulb setup, custom built through my LFS and hellolights. The 70w setup isn't currently on any tank, but it may be before too long. I really need to get the little plumbing issues finished up on my 150g, so that I can transfer all from my 55g into it, and give the tangs some more room.

jade

Back to Top View nitrotmann's Profile Search for other posts by nitrotmann Visit nitrotmann's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Pics?

nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

see this post...

http://www.oc-creative.com/reef/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2570&PN=1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version