Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:05am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Can any tell me if the back is tempered on them ? I want to drill it for a sump
Back to Top View o.a.j's Profile Search for other posts by o.a.j Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

They are not tempered. I have mine drilled. Here is a link to the thread.

drill for sump

I have had it going for a few years not with no problems. It works better than I ever imagined it would. A few notes that don't appear in that thread are important though. I built it too tall at first and had to remove it to cut the top down a bit. Second, I put an elbow off the back of the tank to go down to the sump. It created a suction problem and the tank wouldn't drain. I had to remove it and replace it with a T. Just bring the top of the T above the water line so you don't risk an overflow. If you have any other questions just let us know. Hope that helps.
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Oh, and please note, somehow the second pic in that thread got inverted. I don't live in an upside down house. Or maybe you thought the pic was take in austrailia. Pics taken on the other side of the worlds look upside down like that you know.
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:10am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Thanks kyroguy ...... All drilled & bulkheads installed.... I'll post some pics later . What do you have for your sump ? I made mine from a 10 gallon fish tank....I'll post some pics of that too .
Back to Top View o.a.j's Profile Search for other posts by o.a.j Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

I bought an actual sump. I would have made one but I found one on clearance and it was cheaper and easier than messing with it myself. I will try to post a link to the thread but the search is not working right now.

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Here's some pics so far . Tank drilled bulkheads installed .

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 9:40am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

my sump with live sand about 3" deep

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Tank and sump up and running .live rock next !

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

How do I upload more than one pic to a post ???

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

I don't remember how to load multiple pics. Your tank is looking great! What do you have for lighting? It looks really bright!

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 7:19pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Thanx !!!  That's just a bad pic...lol.... I've got 2 x  32watt  pc  on it for now. I think it will be fine . I also have two small moonlight LED's on it might add a few more of those , 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version