Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

ok
Back to Top View o.a.j's Profile Search for other posts by o.a.j Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Apparently reef central is not wanting to share bandwidth? I can host them on my site if you need it. Let me know.
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:06am | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

rc bastards

Back to Top View nitrotmann's Profile Search for other posts by nitrotmann Visit nitrotmann's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:51pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Have I mentioned lately that although this seems to be one of the less trafficked forums on the net it is the best? It is. I don't like the other forums with everyone bickering. Reefing is an art, not a science. There are no right and wrong answers, only opinions. Somebody once said, "you can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts." Unfortunately, lots of people on the other forums think that they have their own facts and aren't very nice about it. Stay cool and keep posting!

Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

lol, thats pretty much it Kyro.  have a great day.

Back to Top View nitrotmann's Profile Search for other posts by nitrotmann Visit nitrotmann's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 4:27am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Not sure what you'r getting at kyro ?? but the ONLY reason I go to rc is our local Reef Club has a forum on there. 99% of my posts on there are on that forum . I posted on the big boards a couple times & your right know it all's that no nothing ! I always check this forum out first.... but it sems vert low traffic on here.(I dont understand why that is) I love the site . Hope I didnt tick anyone off cuz my pics are in my rc gallery. I'm starting to wonder about this site....all the talk about rc in a post about my tank ? just wanted to show you guy's how it's coming along.
Back to Top View o.a.j's Profile Search for other posts by o.a.j Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 4:37am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Oh, I am not mad. It doesn't bother me that some of you go to other forums. I am sorry if I cam across the wrong way. It is just that I have gotten bad vibes when lurking on other forums. Some good info on them but lots of bickering. Sorry to hijack the thread. Just thought that it was unfortunate that after you went to all the trouble to post the pics, they snubbed you. I don't know why we have low traffic here either. I have never gotten anything but good advice from friendly people here. Maybe you could give us a lint directly to the rc gallery. I am still curious to see the pics but they just aren't showing up. I totally understand posting in a club forum there. I didn't even realize that there was such a thing. I have been wanting to start a local club myself. Any tips on getting that going? Sorry again about getting your thread off topic. No harm was intended.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 4:40am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Wait a sec. After my last post, I realized that maybe you can see your pics. Am I the only one that is just seeing the "this image is hosted on rc and you can only see it there" error message? I can't see the pics, only the little message saying that rc is blocking me. Maybe that is where the confusion is? Can anyone see the pics?

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Now I get it I'm seeing the pics. but your not . I just did it that way I figured it was easier.(guess not) I'll repost them so you can all see them later. Stink'n RC anyway.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 11:30am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

LOL, glad we got that cleared up. Can't you just post a link to the gallery right on RC? Do we need to be members there to view them?

Ha, I have been wanting to use that pic again ever since eric65 was so nice as to post it in a thread I started! Just post them when you have time and thanks for understanding my humor.

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 4:22pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Can you see them now ?   LOL ! !

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 4:51pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

That tank is looking downright fantastic! I love the little clam. Surprisingly I have had pretty good luck with the baby clams myself. How long have you had it? Maybe I missed it somewhere but can you give us some specs on the tank? Lighting, filtration, supplements, etc. I just love the variety of colors. It is so hard to get diversity in color with the selection these days!

BTW, to make it easier to continuing posting on this thread can you go back and delete all the pics that didn't show in the first post? That way we don't have to scroll past all those shattered dreams (broken links)

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Lighting is 2 x 32 watt PC's 10000k & atinic . Drilled with overflow to 10 gallon sump with live sand bed & macro alge mag 7 return pump (I know it's overkill but everythings luv'n it so ....) wave maker with a powerhaed for lots of cross flow.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Sounds similar to my setup actually. I use a SQWD for a wave maker. It works really well. I have a big return pump too. You will need it if you end up with a SQWD. They eat up a lot of GPH! I have found that my coral love the high flow too.

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:26pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

SQWD ?

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Oh crap, sorry. SCWD. Here is a link to it on another site.

SCWD

I really love mine! It is a simple, cheap and very effective wave maker. Only thing is that it takes a few hundred (in my estimate) GPH to run it. That is, take the GPH you are pushing now and subtract a few hundred from it. I gather that there is some sort of mechanism inside (completely mechanical, no electricity) that uses the GPH energy to spin it or whatever. I forget the pump I have but I am thinking it puts out about 600 or so GPH. I have it running full blast through the SCWD. I have to imagine that the device is eating up a good portion of that or I think the corals would be blown right off the rocks!

Lets just say this...anyone who is anyone has a SCWD. LOL.

o.a.j
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote o.a.j

Very cool. never saw one before.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 4:47am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

It is just so much cheaper than everything else out there. I saw a "wavemaking" setup at my LFS the other day. It was some little "computer controlled" box and 2 powerheads. $450. Yeah right. What a rip off. What could you possibly do with that that you couldn't do with a few little mechanical timers and half a dozen powerheads?

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 6:16pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Did I mention that I absolutely love that clam?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version