Subject Topic: new pics for the MB7 in Idaho

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

I've got some new pics under the new 56watts of PC lighting.  No pics of the hood area, as its ugly as phuck.  The orange fish is Randal, a Yellow Clown Goby.  The other fish is Elias.  I think he's actually a TomPot Blenny.  He came into the LFS as a Rusty Hawk goby ( which none of us had ever heard of), so google research came along and I settled on a TomPot blenny.  If anyone else has any ideas on him, let me know.  Oh, and my little Anthelias are still growing slowly.  Hopefully with the new light they'll take off.

Back to Top View nitrotmann's Profile Search for other posts by nitrotmann Visit nitrotmann's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

td7gal.
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:25pm | IP Logged Quote td7gal.

Looks great,and the fish love to be photographed
Back to Top View td7gal.'s Profile Search for other posts by td7gal. Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Those pics are awesome! I am so jealous of you guys right now. I have been stuck working out of town 5 days a week for the last month and a half so I have had zero time to upkeep my tank, let alone photograph it! Oddly enough, with only the auto topoff running (not even scraping the glass) everything is doing really good. The setup has proven to be successful even with virtually no maintenance! I haven't even fed the clown in over a month. He is fatter than ever.

I can't wait to see the "ugly as phuck" hood! I was laughing so hard when I read that that I could barely complete the post. Keep up the good work!
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

you wanted them...

Back to Top View nitrotmann's Profile Search for other posts by nitrotmann Visit nitrotmann's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

I like the first pic in the update!

Is that black pvc pipe? Very utilitarian. I never thought of using something like that I actually think that this idea has some serious potential. The two humps would actually look pretty cool if you could polish them up a bit and finish the ends. Keep us updated and keep on fragging!
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

nitrotmann
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 10:52am | IP Logged Quote nitrotmann

It is black abs pipe.  I would have bought an end  cap to split in halve aswell, but no for $7+.   It seems to work okay, and the fan can cool the tank down 10 degrees in just a few minutes.  I need to figure out how to time it with a heat activated timer or something.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 6:13am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Is a heater/chiller controller in your budget? For a single channel controller (either heater or chiller but not both at once) you can pick one up for about $50-$75. Then you just plug the fan into it and when the specified temperature is reached the fan automatically kicks on. Then when the desired temperature is reached it goes off. That is the easiest way to do it. I will also think about this over the next few days and see if I can come up with something cheaper.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version