Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members  Search The Forum

RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Members Tanks
  7 Gallon Forums : Members Tanks
Subject Topic: I’m Back (For the Third Time)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

Oh, I'llbe getting a cuc this week. My lfs has weird hours. He's closed Mon-Wed so if I don't stop by Sunday it is a loooong stretch until Thursday, 12noon.
Back to Top View eric65's Profile Search for other posts by eric65 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 6:26pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

It will be good to see some life in there!

The Ultimate Minibow Update Experiment!
Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 7:00pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

I think I may be settling on a purple firefish as the display fish. The tank will always be covered with the hood and I'm going to put a screen across the back. The only chance he will have to go carpet surfing would be when I added a new coral or maybe an occasional tank inhabitant. I would like to think I would notice a fish jumping out of the water in that situation
Back to Top View eric65's Profile Search for other posts by eric65 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 5:35pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

The first fish in the tank is a tailspot blenny. Here's hoping I can get a nice picture of him over the weekend.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 5:49pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Can't wait to see it.

Back to Top View kyroguy's Profile Search for other posts by kyroguy Visit kyroguy's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 6:28pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

He finally felt comfortable enough this afternoon to come to the front of the tank.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

How is he eating?

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

So far so good. He was chomping down on the mysis in the shop so I felt it was a safe purchase. I get him home, he goes into hiding and did not eat. Great. Now that he is willing to explore the tank he is eating frozen cyclopeze and frozen Formula One. He has started to pick off the rock now as well which is great especially since I'm in the middle of my diatom bloom. When I'm confident that the hair algae won't be making an appearance I'm going to tie a small piece of seaweed to a rock to keep his belly full.

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

Visited a new LFS this evening. Wow!!! I'll have no problem stocking this tank with nano-sized critters. Bought 2 tiny Cleaner Shrimp, 3 Sexy Shrimp, and a tiny tiny Trimma Goby which I'll probably never lay eyes on again. I forgot to have him bag my Anemone Crab and Pom Pom Crab I know! I'll just have to go back

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Sounds sweet. I need to update the pics of my tank soon.

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

My wife wanted a second Fire Shrimp for her 27g cube. That didn't work out too well so now I have a Fire Shrimp in my tank

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Not sure I am familiar with the fire shrimp.

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote eric65

What size tank do you currently have? I'd love to see your current tank

Here are some updated pics including the Fire Shrimp:

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

That is one thick sand bed! Funny how different stuff has different names in different parts of the country/world. Around here we call those blood shrimp. Looking good so far. I can't believe you don't have more algae, especially hair algae yet.

I am still rocking the 7 gallon as well. I am just putting some finishing touches on some new aquascaping. Rounding out a few bare spots with frags from other parts of the tank. I have largely left it alone for the last few years, not really adding anything. It has been interesting to see how some corals take over and some wither and die without intervention. I will get pics up sooner than later.

eric65
Nano Reefer
Nano Reefer

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged Quote eric65

Definitely looking forward to seeing your tank

Bought 3 Pom Pom crabs. This was the most photogenic of the 3. I hope I see them again. The only downside to Marco Rocks is the pieces are so loaded with nooks and crannies tiny critters disappear for days.

kyroguy
Minibow Gang
Minibow Gang
Famous

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote kyroguy

Those crabs are WILD! They haven't been available in this part of the country for quite some time. Good to see someone still has access.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version